Technical Sales Manager – Architectural and Engineering Design Firm - Base Salary to 170k/year - Kalamazoo, MI
Kalamazoo, MI 49007 US
Technical Sales Manager – Architectural and Engineering Design Firm - Base Salary to 170k/year – Kalamazoo, MI
- Our client is an employee owned, full-service architectural, civil engineering, and land surveying firm, that has been in business for over 75 years and exists to serve people and the communities in which they live. They have a dynamic team of over 170 professionals that work to analyze, advise, design, and deliver successful projects in partnership with government, education, commercial, and energy clients throughout the Great Lakes region. They offer their clients comprehensive, multi-disciplinary services including Architecture, Civil Engineering, Surveying, Construction Services, GIS, Interior Design, GIS, Landscape Architecture, and Reality Capture. Hence, they design and build awe-inspiring and award-winning streetscapes and 21st century learning environments, inspect interstates and bridges that ensure safe travel, accurately determine boundary lines and draw topographic maps, support energy service providers grow and enhance their green and traditional infrastructure, construct data-driven mapping solutions, envision outdoor gathering spaces that foster community, and so much more.
- Currently they are seeking a Technical Sales Manager to join their growing team. The Technical Sales Manager will be focused on the Government projects division and is accountable for revenue from clients, market awareness of expertise and to develop cross department market sector teams.
- Develops and implements an annual marketing plan for identified targeted clients.
- Identifies and actively pursues targeted clients.
- Owns business development efforts for all sector clients.
- Communicates utilizing Unanet, with Department Directors, the client needs for expertise and capacity to ensure projects are effectively delivered.
- Follows the Go/No Go process for new strategic or significant clients.
- Meet targeted net revenue won from existing and targeted clients for all services. Utilizes Unanet to manage and measure.
- Meets on a regular cadence with targeted clients to identify needs, concerns, future work.
- Facilitates effective and efficient Market Sector Team Meetings
- Speaker at sector centric events
- Publishes papers and articles regarding sector.
- Develops followers and provides content on social media to increase our public awareness.
- Meet targeted net revenue won from targeted clients for all services. Utilizes Unanet to manage and measure.
- Attends events, dinners, networking opportunities to promote and increase awareness of the firm and services.
- Mentor client representatives and project managers on sector-specific client needs and expectations, ensuring projects are executed effectively and generate revenue from existing clients.
- Identifies best client representatives for targeted and new clients and delegates and assigns responsibility. Coordinates this effort with Department Director(s) to confirm alignment on capacity and career growth.
- Performs duties and expectations of primary position and any other assigned functions.
- Meets targeted net revenue won from existing and targeted clients for all services. Utilizes Unanet to manage and measure.
- Project profitability and team engagement satisfaction rating on sector projects
- 10 + years of experience in AEC firm
- 5+ years of experience in developing business
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- MBA or business experience preferred.
- Proficiency with CRM (Unanet preferred).
- Proven experience in A/E/C industry with client retention/attraction
- Entrepreneurial- strong experience in new business development and identifying/pursuing and developing new clients.
- Knowledge of contractual and scope of work issues
- Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills.
- Team-based mentality and ability to mentor staff
- Ability to organize and lead others; drives results by planning, prioritizing, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator- exceptional verbal, written communication, presentation, and meeting facilitator skills.
- Emotional intelligence- capacity to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- 10% - 25% local travel
- Base salary in the 120k – 170k/year range, dependent on experience
- Annual bonus and employee ownership/stock options
- Paid Travel
- Health insurance plans where company pays a portion.
- 401k with match
- PTO and paid holidays
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.