Staff Accountant – Commercial Real Estate/Construction Firm - Base Salary to 75k/year - Detroit, MI
Detroit, MI 48208 US
Staff Accountant – Commercial Real Estate/Construction Firm - Base Salary to 75k/year – Detroit, MI
- Our client is a commercial real estate organization that executes all of their own construction work as well. They are in the market for a Staff Accountant that has accounting experience in property management or construction companies. The position is a Monday-Friday role. We are looking at a base salary in the 60k – 75k/year range based on experience plus other benefits.
- Reporting of daily operations metrics
- Preparing and entering Journal Entries
- Providing timely and accurate financial reporting
- Preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and take corrective action on unusual items
- Variance Analysis
- Maintaining files and documentation to support transactions
- Identifying areas of process improvement and efficiencies and creating new opportunities for improvements
- Supporting Auditor’s request and other compliance reporting
- Minimum 3+ years Accounting Experience in property management or construction
- Bachelor’s/Associate’s degree in accounting, business, or related field
- Understanding of Journal Entries and Reconciliation
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Hard working, organized and can manage multiple deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills – Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs
- Base salary up to 60k - 75k/year
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Sales & Management Recruiter
When did you start selling and/or recruiting?
My first position out of college was in IT Sales. I found out quickly I had the sales gene. I have a strong desire to make things happen for my clients.
Fun Fact about Joel:
Joel is very dedicated to the local community. Little known fun fact, he holds a high-ranking elected seat on the local school board, despite having no children of his own!
What’s the biggest compliment a client or candidate ever paid you?
“You saved me from a dreadful situation at my last employer”
What did you want to be when you grew up?
Batman. Either that or Michael Scott. I think I landed more closely to Dwight Schrute.
Where did you go to school, college, major?
Millersville University, majored in political science. I was also the opinion editor of the school’s newspaper, The Snapper!
What famous person would you switch lives with?
John Quincy Adams
What three things would you bring to a deserted island?
1) Box set of The Office. 2) Cases of Dr. Pepper 3) Chipotle, make that #1 actually.
What do you typically eat for breakfast?
Nothing, I bide my time until Chipotle.