Service Manager – Start-Up HVAC Mechanical Servicing Company - Base Salary to 150k/year - Glastonbury, CT
Glastonbury, CT 06033 US
Service Manager – Start-Up HVAC Mechanical Servicing Company - Base Salary to 150k/year – Glastonbury, CT
- Our client, a start-up residential/light commercial mechanical servicing company handling service and preventative maintenance, has an immediate need for a licensed technician to build and grow their in-house service department in Glastonbury, CT. This role is ideal for someone who has previously owned and run their own HVAC business OR someone who would love to start their own business without the financial risk.
- In this role, the Service Manager will carry the Unlimited HVAC license for the business. In the beginning, the Service Manager will act as a technician while building the team. You will ultimately step into a full-time Service Manager role once the team has been built. You will work largely with property management companies.
- In addition to building the team, the Service Manager will also answer technical questions, handle client relations, as well as be responsible for the vision and strategy of the department.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train HVAC techs.
- Supervise the team.
- Scheduling and providing technical support for technicians.
- Review the technicians work to make sure quality and safety standards are being met.
- Handle performance appraisals and formal reviews of service team.
- Establish and maintain a training program in order to inform on latest service techniques and safety procedures.
- Work with dispatch to make sure personnel is properly scheduled.
- Develop and monitor budgets to optimize profitability.
- Help to generate sales leads by promoting maintenance/service agreements, estimates and bids.
Qualifications for this role include maintaining an Unlimited HVAC license in the state of Connecticut. The ideal candidate will have run an HVAC business or have experience leading an HVAC service team. Candidate should have a strong in-depth understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems, and the ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics and control circuits. Must have excellent leadership, customer service and general sales skills.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary up to 150k/year, plus incentives. Also included will be a company vehicle and gas card. The company offers health insurance and PTO.
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
HVAC & MECHANICAL SYSTEMS SEARCH AllSearch HVAC Sales & Mechanical Service recruiters have worked with thousands of talented sales and service people all across the United States. This Recruiting Practice is a focused two team powerhouse focused within the realm of commercial HVAC sales recruitment as well as related mechanical systems service technician staffing. Our HVAC & Mechanical Systems Recruiting Team targets the very best sales and service talent within the realm of commercial and industrial HVAC manufacturers, heating and cooling component part distributors, as well as with mechanical contractor service firms dedicated to the HVAC trade. Our Building Automation System (BAS) Recruiting Team focuses on BAS manufacturers, automation system installers, access control providers, building control service firm, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Practice Lead – HVAC
What did you want to be when you grew up:
I wanted to be a teacher. I come from a family of teachers and coaches. I started coaching cheerleading in the ninth grade and while I veered from my path of becoming a math teacher, I am most passionate when I am able to mentor and coach others. At a young age, someone saw skills in me that I did not see in myself, and I love to be able to give that same gift back to others and help them grow their sales careers.
When I lived in Louisville, I decided to run the Kentucky Derby Festival Mini Marathon (13.1), having never been more than a 5K runner. I have always felt that running is a great metaphor for life. Training for that race showed me not only what amazing things my body is capable of, but what mental toughness can, and will, carry you through. My brother, and huge support to me, ran the race with me that day with bands playing, strangers cheering me on, and a chance to run a lap right on the track at the beautiful, historic Churchill Downs. It was an amazing experience (that I have not repeated)!