Senior Operations Manager – Mechanical Servicing Company – Base Salary to 180k/year - Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake City, UT 84101 US
Senior Operations Manager – Mechanical Servicing Company – Base Salary to 180k/year – Salt Lake City, UT
- Our client is one of the country’s leading mechanical servicing companies and offers the best of both worlds; the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. Having been in business since 1948 this company brings a plethora of experience and expertise as well as a family-oriented culture. From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, our client handles projects of all shapes, sizes and complexities across multiple regions throughout the country.
- Our client is in need of a Senior Operations Manager to join their Salt Lake City office. This role provides overall management direction for Salt Lake City Construction and aids the executive leadership team in formulating and administering organization policies either by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate leaders. The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for fostering desired culture, safety emphasis, implementing organizational strategy, structure, budgets, personnel, and financial outcomes.
- Establish Team and/or subsidiary objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards consistent with organizational strategy.
- Conduct market research to identify potential projects (customers). Maintain an effective business development program, securing new work on a routine basis.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers at multiple levels
- Participate in the strategic planning process
- Plan, staff, and supervise all division activities including personnel administration, performance review, defining functions, responsibilities, etc.
- Aid in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training
- Emphasize a strong safety culture at all times.
- Provide growth and development opportunities for the team through training and continuing education.
- Collaborate and partner with other leaders in the St. Paul office to ensure effective interdepartmental relations.
- Review monthly financial reports to proactively manage business unit.
- Manage receivables
- Prepare team for monthly project reviews with leadership.
- Achieve annual business unit plan metrics.
- Achieve yearly growth objective through new customer acquisitions, and consistent customer satisfaction.
- Develop and submit the yearly financial plan.
- Responsible for the overall relationship between the organization and the various local unions it employs, including talking with individual union officials on a weekly basis to establish a relationship.
- Act as the division designee in all union labor negotiations.
- Represent the organization in all disputes between the organization and the local unions.
- Investigate and evaluate union complaints or arguments to determine viability.
- Monitor company or workforce adherence to labor agreements.
- Prepare evidence for disciplinary hearings, including preparing witnesses to testify.
- Advise management on matters related to the administration of contracts or employee discipline or grievance procedures.
- Prepare and submit required governmental reports or forms related to labor relations matters, such as equal employment opportunity (EEO) forms, new hire forms, or minority compensation reports.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Proven leadership and team building experience, including a proven ability to coach, train, and motivate employees
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents
- Proven ability to interact with and provide creative solutions for customers and clients
- Strong knowledge and proficiency of Construction industry, Company operations, Customer relations, Business development and sales strategies, Financial management & operations experience
- Base salary up to 180k/year dependent on experience
- Matching 401k up to 4%
- Full Benefits
- Vacation and Sick time
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sales & Management Recruiter – Building Products
What motivates you?
People. Making a difference. Giving back to the world. I have been blessed with the most wonderful family in the entire world and have strong roots that have given me such a happy life that I want everyone to experience happiness the way I do. So if I can be even a smile to a stranger and maybe give them an ounce of happiness, I feel fulfilled!
What did you want to be when you grew up?
From the time I was a baby, I always had this tiny pink basketball in my hand and a smile on my face. When I started to grow out of that tiny pink ball, I upgraded to an actual basketball and I dribbled it every day to elementary school with that same smile on my face. So obviously, my dream was to be a WNBA player! Unfortunately, I wasn’t THAT good. I played in college and had the opportunity to coach at the collegiate level which ended up being an even bigger dream come true. I learned my true passion was for people and helping them reach their goals, which essentially lead me to this career in recruiting. Now, I don’t dribble my ball to work every day, but I do come to work with a SMILE every day!