Senior Construction Estimator – Demolition – Base Salary to 130k/year + Bonus - Timonium, MD
Timonium, MD 21093 US
Senior Construction Estimator – Demolition – Base Salary to 130k/year + Bonus
- Our client has been one of the leading construction companies in the Mid-Atlantic region for over a century. They have provided unparalleled service to the Greater Baltimore region and beyond in the public, commercial, and residential construction and development sectors. Their expertise includes concrete, asphalt paving, asphalt plants, demolition, excavation, utilities and much more.
- The Senior Construction Estimator will be a key player on this local team in Timonium. This person will report to the VP/Chief Estimator to perform Business Development functions in order to generate new demolition business opportunities for our company. They will be responsible for accurate bidding of public and private demolition projects. They will collaborate with Project Management and Operations to ensure negotiated estimates, scopes of work, and terms/conditions/exclusions to contract are upheld.
- Business Development
- Continually identifies and develops relationships with strategic targets to generate new business opportunities. Identifies and evaluates new markets and partnership opportunities through direct prospecting, networking, attending industry and professional events. Stays abreast of market conditions, competition, government initiatives. Cultivate relationships with existing clients. Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and key indicators to management.
- Preparation of Estimates
- Coordinate with assistant estimators in the preparation of quantity takeoffs for use in preparing cost estimates; utilizing estimating software, assigns requisite labor, equipment, material, subcontractor cost and productions to formulate an accurate cost estimate to be incorporated into a contract proposal; create and submit a job specific contract proposal which summarizes the cost estimate and details the proposed scope of work as well as any specific terms, conditions, exclusions or clarifications; attend all pre-planning meetings; encourage and promote a safety conscious culture.
- Proposal Follow Up
- After submission of the contract proposal, engage the client in discussions to answer questions and gain feedback regarding scope and pricing relative to client’s budget or competing proposals; secure a commitment from the client to perform the proposed work based on the original estimate and the contract proposal.
- Contract Administration/Project Handoff
- Finalize contract to arrive at mutually acceptable terms and conditions by which the work will be performed and paid for; affect smooth handoff to Project Management and Operations; maintain connection with project during construction to ensure that the work is performed in accordance with the contract terms and conditions; responsible for maintaining accurate records of subsequent changes to the work including extra work and change orders; when needed assist Project Management in collections, processing payment of subcontractors and suppliers; coordinate with accounting department with respect to accurate cost accounting and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Technology, or related Engineering field is highly preferred
- Must have 8+ years of experience in public and private estimating experience in demolition (interior/exterior) and crushing/screening
- Mid-Atlantic/Multi-State estimating experience is highly preferred
- Must have experience with Estimating software such as Heavybid
- Must be proficient at reading/interpreting construction blueprints and contract documents
- Proven track record of building relationship with decision makers at companies and organizations
- 3+ years of experience training or supervising Assistant Estimators during take-off functions
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Base salary up to 130k/year depending on project portfolio
- Annual bonus (up to 20% based on performance)
- Weekly Vehicle allowance (120 dollars/week)
- Sign-on Bonus
- Fully comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Company-paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) Program with company match
- Paid Time Off (flexible)
- Paid Holidays
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Management & Operations Recruiter - Construction
I was born in PA, but moved and resided for 10 years in upstate New York. My family moved back down here for the last 14 years now and I currently live in Chambersburg, PA. I studied Business and Exercise Science at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania where I had a concentration in Human Resources Management. Before AllSearch I worked with Aerotek, Inc. for 3 years as their Senior Construction Management and Construction Trades Recruiter. I chose AllSearch for the nationwide opportunity to impact lives all over the country.
FUN FACT: My fun fact is actually about my brother, we are twins and he is one minute older than me. So at all times there is two of me running around somewhere!
What motivates you? – My favorite quote is from Will Durant summarizing the works of Aristotle that reads, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” My goal in life is to always be better today, than I was yesterday. Not only for myself but for the people I choose to surround myself with. Every day I want to impact someone in a positive light and the consistent habit of excellence is what gets me out of bed every morning.
When did you start selling? – My dad told me once when I was a teenager that “you could sell ice to an Eskimo.” So ever since then I think I’ve had a knack for it. I absolutely love meeting and talking to people so it’s always been a gift I’ve had.
What is your favorite show or shows to binge watch? The Office, Lost, Stranger Things, Blue Bloods (just to name a few). I’m also a HUGE movie person, I absolutely love a good long movie that can draw in your attention and make you think.