Risk Manager – Construction Building Products Manufacturer - Base Salary to 110k/year - Newark, NJ
Newark, NJ 07102 US
Risk Manager – Construction Building Products Manufacturer - Base Salary to 110k/year – Newark, NJ
- Our client is a building products manufacturer that is based in Northern New Jersey. They are hiring a new position within their organization for a Risk Manager (internally titled Manager of Risk and Sales Tax). They are looking for someone that has the ability to develop risk-management and loss-prevention that will include insurance, bonding and other programs. This person will also work with managing State and Local sales tax.
- This is a direct hire position that is being newly formed. We are looking at a base salary in the 90k – 110k/year range and the opportunity for a hybrid working role for the right candidate.
- Designs and implements an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Reviews and analyzes risk management programs for the effectiveness of coverage and to reduce costs and losses
- Manages Company Purchasing card and AMEX program
- Manages Company Insurance renewal process
- Acts as the liaison to attorneys, insurance companies and individuals, investigating any incidences that may result in asset loss
- Prepares risk management and insurance budgets, monitors claims and potential claims
- Manages the accurate and timely filing of US & Canadian sales/use, US property, and US business license taxes for all “company” divisions and operating units in the US & Canada through a third-party organization
- Maintains current knowledge of all tax laws affecting the company
- Reviews proposals for tax implications and recommend actions that meet the business plans while managing the tax liability
- Defends the company’s positions on all aspects of state/local sales/use and property tax audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Taxation
- 5+ years of Risk Management, Risk and Credit occupations and Risk Analysis
- Operational Policy Development
- Strong understanding of Taxation
- Base salary in the 90k – 110k/year range
- Hybrid work schedule
- Medical Benefits
- PTO and paid holidays
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Sales & Management Recruiter
When did you start selling and/or recruiting?
My first position out of college was in IT Sales. I found out quickly I had the sales gene. I have a strong desire to make things happen for my clients.
Fun Fact about Joel:
Joel is very dedicated to the local community. Little known fun fact, he holds a high-ranking elected seat on the local school board, despite having no children of his own!
What’s the biggest compliment a client or candidate ever paid you?
“You saved me from a dreadful situation at my last employer”
What did you want to be when you grew up?
Batman. Either that or Michael Scott. I think I landed more closely to Dwight Schrute.
Where did you go to school, college, major?
Millersville University, majored in political science. I was also the opinion editor of the school’s newspaper, The Snapper!
What famous person would you switch lives with?
John Quincy Adams
What three things would you bring to a deserted island?
1) Box set of The Office. 2) Cases of Dr. Pepper 3) Chipotle, make that #1 actually.
What do you typically eat for breakfast?
Nothing, I bide my time until Chipotle.