Quality Engineer – Medical Device Manufacturing – Base Salary to 90k/year - Columbia, SC
Columbia, SC 29201 US
Quality Engineer – Medical Device Manufacturing – Base Salary to 90k/year – Columbia, SC
- Our client is an innovative polymer solutions manufacturer serving the medical, aerospace, automotive, fiber optics, and energy industries for over 50 years.
- Our polymer manufacturing client is looking to add a Quality Engineer to help ensure quality is built into product design and production processes. The Quality Engineer will assist with developing, applying, and maintaining quality requirements and standards for product manufacturing and testing.
- Design and implement methods for process control and improvement along with testing and inspection
- Investigate customer complaints, yield issues, and other process failures
- Conduct system & process audits and others related to corrective and preventative actions
- Participate in IQ/OQ/PQ and Measurement System Analysis protocols
- Assisting with documentation and process improvements as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working as a Quality Engineer for medical device manufacturing; plastics manufacturing is a plus
- Working knowledge of PFMEA and Risk Analysis and ability to explain it
- Problem solving experience in statistical analysis and lean manufacturing
- Previous experience in Gage R&R and use of common hand gages
- Familiarity with QMS; company uses Oracle
- Working knowledge of ISO9001, ISO13485, or IATF16949 standards
- Plus for polymer processing familiarity/polymer manufacturing
- Plus for Six Sigma Green/Black Belt
- Plus for ASQ, CQT, or CQE certification
- Our client is offering a base salary up to 90k/year. Competitive benefits, 401k, and relocation assistance are available.
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
PLASTICS SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of plastics manufacturing with an emphasis on roles in Engineering, Operations, and mid to senior-level Management, to Director/VP and C-suite Executive positions. Our Plastics Recruiting team targets exceptional talent within the realm of plastic Injection Molding, Blow Molding, Thermoforming, Extrusion, and many more. Whether you are currently working in plastics manufacturing passively/actively looking for that better opportunity, looking for more career-advancement opportunities, or a recent college graduate seeking a new role in Plastics Manufacturing, we’ll guide you with long term minded care and focus. #PlasticsCareers
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Professional Recruiter - Plastics / Manufacturing
Check out our Plastics Recruiting Page Here: https://www.allsearchinc.com/executive-recruiters/plastics/
I was born and raised in York, Pa. I completed my freshman year of college at Towson University. I soon realized Astronomy was not my thing, so I transferred back home to York College to pursue a career in Business. I completed my Bachelor of Business Administration with a major in Entrepreneurship and a minor in Marketing. I chose AllSearch because it felt like home. Everyone was so welcoming, and the company culture was what I was looking for in a job! Outside of work I can be found playing with my French Bulldog, Sanford, or reading psychological thriller books!
What motivates you?
Helping people! If I would die tomorrow, the one thing I want to make sure is that I made a difference in someone’s life, no matter how small.
Favorite TV show?
One Tree Hill. Nathan Scott has my heart.
What I do in my free time?
My dad and I brew beer! My dream one day is to open up a brewery with him. If I’m not doing that, I am either reading about conspiracy theories, spending money at Target, or playing with my dog—those are really my only hobbies.
Piece of advice I would give myself?
Always remember money can’t buy happiness; but it can buy you a boat, which would probably make you a little happy. Piece of advice number two: it’s the little things in life that make it worth wild.
What I typically eat for breakfast?
Cereal. There is no argument there here, Frosted Flakes are the best.
“Remember there’s heroes and there’s legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.” (If you know what movie this is from, we can be best friends)