Preconstruction Manager – Building Products Manufacturer - Base Salary to 150k/year + Bonus - Austin, TX
Austin, TX 78701 US
Preconstruction Manager – Building Products Manufacturer - Base Salary to 150k/year + Bonus – Austin, TX
- Our client is the ultimate single-point-of-contact solution for affordable, premium finish-out building materials because they are a multi-category manufacturer, but much more than just a product supplier. Their proprietary system simplifies every step in that process from inception to the completion of your build.
- They are currently seeking a Preconstruction Manager (internally titled Preconstruction and Estimating Manager) to join their team. Collaborating with sales enablement team/client success team, this role with be client facing, working closely with salespeople, operations, and clients. They will work with internal resources and manage external resources along with collaborating with contractors and suppliers. The candidate will manage all aspects of the bid process, from working with clients (Developers/Architects/Designers/GC’s) to clarifying needs and goals. They will manage and work with internal resources and network with our best-in-class contractors and suppliers to create world-class designs, work with designers/architects and GC’s, do take-offs (estimates), build product project books, and create professional bids. They will then hand off the successfully awarded bid to our field project management team for best-in-class execution.
- Coordinates and manages the entire bid process, from initial client engagement through to final submission, ensuring that all relevant information, documents, and deadlines are tracked and met.
- Attends pre-bid meetings, site visits, and other relevant events as necessary to gather information and establish relationships with clients and industry professionals.
- Evaluates labor, material, equipment costs and subcontractor quotes to ensure accuracy and competitiveness in our pricing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, new products, and market conditions to ensure that our pricing strategies remain competitive.
- Collaborate with clients (developers, architectures, designers, general contractors, and estimators) to gather and clarify project requirements, expectations, and goals.
- Reviews and analyzes project plans, specifications, and other documentation to inform the bid of strategy and ensure alignment with client expectations and company standards.
- Prepares and submits accurate and well-organized estimates, bids, and proposals to clients promptly.
- Maintains a comprehensive database of historical cost data, supplier pricing, and other relevant information to inform future estimates and project pricing.
- Build detailed scopes of work.
- Work closely/side by side with Senior Salesperson and Operations to ensure accuracy and ability to execute.
- Understanding what can be prepared and offered as far as bidding in order to meet customer’s needs.
- Ability to find creative solutions for unique and innovative outcomes for each project.
- Working with supply chain and suppliers on current and future product offerings
- Ability to manage both Designers and Estimators
- Improving and creating new systems/workflows/processes
- Able to act as Project Manager on awarded jobs:
- Working with supply chain team on products
- Working with field team on what company has to offer.
- Working with logistics team on those services
- 7 + years of experience within commercial, multi-family construction industry
- 5 + years of Preconstruction and/or Estimating experience.
- Degree in Construction Management or related degree/concentration.
- Proven track record of innovation and process improvement in previous roles
- Hands on experience creating content – examples - spreadsheets, presentations, catalogs, proposals, workflows.
- Understanding Preconstruction, bid and estimation process.
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Proficiency in estimation software such as ProEst, sage estimating, or similar tools.
- Technically savvy - researching software, technology tools to increase efficiency and processes.
- Proven Technical competency in Microsoft Products Excel, PowerPoint, Word and ability and desire to create and modify client presentations, proposals, pricing models.
- Design experience preferred.
- Self-Motivated, “role-up-your-sleeves” attitude.
- Strong understanding of construction materials, methods, processes, and industry trends.
- Proven track record of managing successful bid processes and winning new business.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation skills, with a focus on building and maintaining relationships with clients and industry professionals.
- Detail oriented and able to manage successful projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Provides excellent customer service, addressing client inquiries and concerns promptly and professionally.
- Strong problem solving and DECISION-MAKING abilities.
- Innovative, creative problem solver
- Proven track record of innovation and process improvement
- Confident verbal and oral communication and presentation skills
- Business-minded professional
- Motivated by challenge, goal oriented.
- Base salary in the 110k – 150k/year range depending on experience.
- Annual bonus.
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Medical insurance covered by client.
- 401K and stock options
- PTO and paid holidays
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Professional Recruiter - Construction
Jason brings many years of Construction related recruiting experience to the AllSearch Recruiting team!