National Account Manager – Building Products Manufacturer – Base Salary to 115k/year - San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA 94109 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
National Account Manager – Building Products Manufacturer – Base Salary to 115k/year – San Francisco, CA
- Our client is a specialty building products manufacturer and is looking to expand their National Sales team in the western region of the U.S. They have been in business since 1948 providing solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, they are the right place for you.
- The National Account Manager will expand the company’s portfolio of products within the retail industry, including influencing and managing relationships with existing and new retail specifiers, corporate decision makers and other Architectural & Design groups or firms. The ideal candidate for this position will reside in one of the following states, to make an impact on the revenue growth of the region: Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, California, Alaska, Arizona, New Mexico, Hawaii, and including Canada – British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
- Responsible for identifying and growing sales opportunities within existing and new national accounts
- Track design choices on all national account projects to sell as many “basis of design (BOD)” solutions on every project; strive to achieve 2 or more solutions and product mix per opportunity.
- Foster and build relationships with leading A&D firms and end-users to promote company product portfolio in order to capture specifications and projects.
- Cultivate profitable strategic relationships with key end-user decision makers (Director or VP level) within the headquarters of multi-location companies.
- Leverages competitive selling advantages throughout the selling process.
- Determine customer engagement strategy and develop national account customer sales initiatives to penetrate existing and new national accounts to achieve sales targets at optimal profit margins.
- Work with Operations and Sales Director to prepare, present and negotiate national contracts (RFPs) with national accounts.
- Forecast monthly and yearly national account opportunity projections.
- Collect and share market and business insight on competitors, trends, product opportunities and other strategic information that will help meet business goals and delivers observations to Market Research, New Product Delivery, Marketing and Sales Operations.
- Utilize CRM (Salesforce) and other data analytic sources to identify, qualify, and convert new sales opportunities.
- Track a minimum of 20 opportunities and that can be influenced in the design stages within the next 12 months.
- Partner with Operations to handle disputes/conflicts from customers, general contractors, and national account contacts within the region.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports on measurements of activities, sales volume, expenses, etc., to the Sales Director, National Accounts.
- 50% travel as required to maintain effectiveness. Ensure travel plans in order to be most cost effective for the company.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years of consultative specification sales experience.
- Ability and experience selling commercial interior and exterior building products.
- Knowledge in the construction industry and multi-segment markets a plus.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated success selling to national end-user/ builders/architects/designers preferred.
- Experience with client prospecting, forecasting, and business development.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing within all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work from a home office with ready access to a major airport.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain strategic customer relationships.
- Intimate understanding of project delivery process within the building products and construction industries.
- A base salary up to 115k/year dependent on experience.
- Generous incentive plan
- Auto allowance and mileage
- Heath Benefits
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sales & Management Recruiter – Building Products
What motivates you?
People. Making a difference. Giving back to the world. I have been blessed with the most wonderful family in the entire world and have strong roots that have given me such a happy life that I want everyone to experience happiness the way I do. So if I can be even a smile to a stranger and maybe give them an ounce of happiness, I feel fulfilled!
What did you want to be when you grew up?
From the time I was a baby, I always had this tiny pink basketball in my hand and a smile on my face. When I started to grow out of that tiny pink ball, I upgraded to an actual basketball and I dribbled it every day to elementary school with that same smile on my face. So obviously, my dream was to be a WNBA player! Unfortunately, I wasn’t THAT good. I played in college and had the opportunity to coach at the collegiate level which ended up being an even bigger dream come true. I learned my true passion was for people and helping them reach their goals, which essentially lead me to this career in recruiting. Now, I don’t dribble my ball to work every day, but I do come to work with a SMILE every day!