Human Resources Generalist - Public Safety Products Distributor – Base Salary to 75k/year - Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC 28204 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Human Resources Generalist - Public Safety Products Distributor – Base Salary to 75k/year – Charlotte, NC
- Our client is a full line industrial and safety products distributor. They have been in business for over 40 years and sell primarily to local and state governments, along with fire and law enforcement, and emergency response. They are looking for a Human Resources Generalist in the Charlotte, NC area. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources there in Charlotte. This will be a work from home/remote position. Company headquarters are just outside Washington, DC and they have office locations all throughout the country.
- The ideal candidate has outstanding administrative, analytical and communication skills; is a conceptual thinker with superb organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask. To ensure success, the Human Resources Generalist should display remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills with a solid understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, benefits administration, and training. The Human Resource Generalist must be comfortable managing grey areas and a superb problem-solver.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new-hire orientations, and exit interviews, including data entry in HRIS and audits for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist with the recruitment process from candidate identification through to onboarding.
- Act as a point of contact for employee inquiries and provide guidance on company policies and procedures.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees, while maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of such files and records.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed properly.
- Support the performance appraisal processes.
- Identify development opportunities and contribute to training and development programs.
- Assist in the administration of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and leave policies.
- Collaborate with the VP of HR to develop and maintain HR policies and procedures.
- Generate HR-related reports and analytics to provide insights for decision-making.
- Participate in employee engagement initiatives, events, and programs to foster a positive workplace culture.
- Be the primary backup for payroll processing.
- Assist with Affirmative Action Plan and reporting requirements.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping HR information confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- 3+ years of progressive HR experience, including hands-on experience in recruiting, employee relations and compliance
- Proficiency in HR software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional discretion and confidentiality
- Team player with a commitment to fostering a positive work environment
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Base salary in the 65k - 75k/year range, plus bonus
- Benefits include medical, dental, 401k, vacation time, company vehicle, etc.
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
AllSearch Recruiting is one of the top Industrial Sales & Service Recruitment Agencies in the United States. Our many highly niche industrial recruiting teams focus on sales, service, and business development activities within a variety of manufacturing, machinery and industrial sectors. Recruiting expertise covers HVAC mechanical contractors, building products, industrial manufacturing and automation, construction material supply, industrial supply chain distribution, agricultural machinery sales, facilities management and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Recruiting / Co-Founder
What motivates you?
A good challenge or competition! Changing people’s lives for the better!
When did you start selling and/or recruiting?
I think I started selling when I came out of the womb. Seriously though, for as long as I can remember, I have enjoyed meeting people, making friends, building relationships, you name it. I can’t think of anything I would rather do than sales and recruiting! There is no greater feeling than matching that perfect candidate with his or her dream job! That makes me happy!
What do you do for fun/spend your free time?
I love sports – coaching, watching, participating (much more when I was younger, of course). I have three boys that keep me very busy, and I have loved coaching them over the past ten years or so. Football, wrestling, baseball, lacrosse, and basketball!
Where did you go to school, college, major?
Towson State University (when it was still called Towson State). Greatest five years of my life. I met my wife, I met my business partner, I met many lifelong friends and I had a ton of fun!
What do you typically eat for breakfast?
Depends. Am I in my “all or nothing” workout phase where it’s a Nutribullet shake with veggies and fruits, or is it the other nine months of the year when it’s whatever I can get my hands on?
Who is your hero?
My dad. He taught me everything I know! I learned how to work hard, how to be a good father, how to be a good husband, how to ride a motorcycle, how to sacrifice everything for those that you love, how to deal with terrible situations and make the best of it, and most importantly, how to never give up!