Electrical Quality Assurance Manager – Construction Consulting Firm – Base Salary to 115k/year - Fort Meade, MD
Fort Meade, MD 20755 US
Electrical Quality Assurance Manager – Construction Consulting Firm – Base Salary to 115k/year – Fort Meade, MD
- Our client is a construction management firm specializing in government contracted work. Their services include Quality Control, Environmental Protection, Waste Management Plans, and onsite construction management such as SSHO, QCM, Superintendents, and Submittal Clerks. They pride themselves on high quality construction management services to their clients.
- The Electrical Quality Assurance Manager (also called Electrical Project Engineer/QCM) is a crucial player in their Fort Meade operations, they currently have the other trades lined up but are missing this piece. This project is a design/build on workplaces and amenities for a government agency that is trying to build an attractive working environment for tech-sector employees. Project is slated for 2.5 years in this direct hire role, with the potential to stay on afterwards. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States, with federal agency experience and an Electrical Engineering degree.
- Develop and implement project-specific quality control
- Inspect and evaluate the work area in accordance with plans, specifications, and contract documents, reporting deficiencies as appropriate and elevating issues as needed to ensure safe work practices and quality
- Develop, gather, maintain, and/or submit work plans, submittals, reports, etc.
- Lead and document quality control meetings with the project team and/or customers; and provide written minutes.
- Provide daily quality control reports to achieve desired quality outcomes in a timely manner
- Verify and document that all materials/equipment received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal
- Schedule, coordinate, and document all required code and independent inspections. Clearly document, correct, and re-inspect all non-conformances prior to covering up work.
- Review the as-built drawings to ensure that they are current
- Review the Job Site Safety Plan and conduct safety inspections
- Stop work; reject materials and/or equipment; and direct the removal and replacement of any work not in compliance with contract documents, applicable codes, building standards, and/or established principles of construction engineering, or activities which present life-threatening conditions or damage to the site.
- Communicate and interact as a team member with all trades, with a focus on Electrical Engineering
- Aid in preconstruction, generate submittal / procurement logs
- Process and document RFIs and change orders with assistance of Project Managers
- Walk job sites on a routine basis to confirm/document that field is organized and proceeding according to project plans and specs
- Electrical Engineering experience 5+ years
- Electrical Engineering degree
- USACE or federal agency experience required
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- CQM Certification preferred
- Must understand construction documentation policies and procedures
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, contract documents, and budget/cost documents
- Must have professional leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Must have computer skills in MS Office/Excel and construction management software
- Must be able to work on site in Fort Meade, MD
- Base salary in the 100k – 115k/year range, dependent on experience
- Medical Benefits
- Generous PTO and Federal Holidays
- Lodging provided if needed
- 500/month vehicle stipend
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Professional Recruiter - Construction
Nathan, coming to AllSearch with both a Navy and college education, also brings several years of professional and construction oriented staffing and recruiting experience.