Electrical Engineer – Engineering Firm - Base Salary to 140k/year + Bonus - Mobile, AL
Mobile, AL 36609 US
Electrical Engineer - Engineering Firm – Base Salary to 140k/year – Mobile, AL
- Our client is a multidiscipline engineering firm with a wide variety of experience in heavy industrial, commercial, and government projects. They are an employee-owned consulting firm founded 25 years ago, staffing 90 highly experienced engineers and designers. Most of the firm’s staff, who have been with the company for over 10 years, includes planners, multi-disciplinary engineers (Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, and Fire Protection), Surveyors, and program/construction managers.
- Currently we are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join the team. The person will have experience engineering commercial and industrial construction projects and be responsible for all aspects of projects including design phase, production of construction plans and specifications, energy calculations and studies, site inspections, and contract administration.
- Formulate, determine and evaluate electrical energy transmission and distribution systems layout, from electrical utility company to exterior and interior of commercial and industrial facilities, through overhead and underground transmission lines and electrical equipment.
- Produce engineering schematics of electrical power transmission and distribution, including electrical equipment arrangement, for government, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Design engineering schematics for medium and low voltage distribution including telecommunication systems, for new and existing commercial and industrial facilities.
- Design engineering schematics of interior and exterior lighting layouts, for commercial and industrial projects.
- Apply knowledge of analytical and/or scientific software, computer-aided design (CAD) such as AutoCAD, to produce all required engineering design schematics.
- Analyze electrical energy transmission and load distribution in commercial and industrial construction projects. Analysis includes fault current calculations of electrical circuits and components.
- Calculate design specifications for all necessary electrical transmission and distribution equipment such as transformers, switchgears, meters, wire troughs, conduits and conductors, main panels, distributions panels, circuit breakers, receptacles, etc., for commercial and industrial facilities and projects.
- Perform photometric calculations for interior and exterior spaces, and design specifications for interior and exterior lighting fixtures and associated equipment, for commercial and industrial projects.
- Calculate project cost estimations for electrical work and equipment, and perform work planning, scheduling, coordination and reporting, for commercial projects.
- Perform electrical load and voltage drop calculation on single and three phase AC systems.
- Design and specify electrical control systems such as lighting control systems, relays, power control systems, etc., for commercial and industrial projects.
- Coordinate electrical engineering designs with relevant parties such as contractors, utility company engineers, lighting and electrical gear manufacturers, architects, and customers.
- Prepare and maintain thorough and accurate records of engineering design schematics, technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, etc.
- Review electrical equipment installation and quality assurance documentations, such as electrical and lighting equipment submittals.
- Perform construction site inspections to ensure adherence to engineering design specifications and established standards while providing support and consultation to general and electrical contractors on designs and projects.
- Use and apply electrical energy systems principles, theories, concepts and techniques, to include circuit and network analysis, in electrical distribution system designs.
- Research trends and advancements in electrical engineering systems, renewable resources, and green technology and participate in collaboration and meetings with industry representatives in electrical energy and lighting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3 + years’ experience required.
- Must be a licensed PE.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of electrical safety standards and energy codes such as NESC, IEEE, NEC, ASHRAE, IECC; grounding and bonding requirements; and Arc Flash Calculations in electrical engineering designs.
- Base salary in the 120k - 140k/year range depending on experience.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Health Insurance covered 100% for employees.
- 401K with match
- PTO and Paid Holidays
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joel brings decades of professional recruiting experience to the world class AllSearch Recruiting team.