Drafter – Building Envelope Manufacturer & Installer - Base Salary to 75k/year - Allegan, MI
Allegan, MI 49010 US
Drafter – Building Envelope Manufacturer & Installer - Base Salary to 75k/year – Allegan, MI
- Our client has been in business for over 20 years, specializing in composite cladding for the building industry. Based on the building block of its decades old reputation for providing the highest engineering capabilities, quality material and design, and installation that is unparalleled in the industry.
- They are currently seeking a Drafter to join their growing team. As a Drafter, you will be responsible for development of project shop drawings and detailing. In addition, development of field drawings, production drawings and all associated coordination drawings. Excellent communication between the shop and field crews via drawings and verbally, will be a critical part of this role. In this role the Drafter will be an integral part of the communication thread between the company and the end user customer.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications at various stages of design including Concept, Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents.
- Prepare detailed drawings per project estimates for various project types.
- Competencies in architectural drawings and interpreting design intent.
- Demonstrates emerging competencies in civil and structural drawings.
- Ability to interact with trade contractors.
- Review and develop shop drawings, detailing and estimates to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with defined scope of work.
- Document management and organization.
- Prepares notes and meeting minutes, as needed.
- Engineer and coordinate with teammates on Company shop drawing, estimating methods and preparation documents.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization abilities
- Analytical skills
- Excellent time management and coordinating skills.
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills.
- People skills with a collaborative team first attitude
- Great customer service skills and follow through.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- 3+ years’ experience in a drafting role.
- Technical Drawing, Trade school, Architectural Drawing, Mechanical preferred, or related job, field, -or- equivalent combination of the above education, training, and experience.
- Experience with Façade Systems a plus
- Experience with Glass and Glazing a plus
- Experience with Composite a plus
- Very conscientious of evaluating and double-checking details
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Fluent in AutoCAD and developing drawings and details.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Michigan.
- Base salary in the 65k - 70k/year range, dependent on experience.
- Annual discretionary bonus.
- Health insurance programs (medical, dental and vision)
- PTO and Paid Holidays
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.