Director of Operations – University – Base Salary to 125k/year - Boston, MA
Boston, MA 02115 US
Director of Operations – University – Base Salary to 125k/year – Boston, MA
- Our client is a University in the Boston area that is looking for a Director of Operations (internally titled Director of Operations and Maintenance). The position oversees 1 Million Sq Ft. of serviceable buildings with 450,000 sq ft of residency halls dealing with daily staff and general maintenance of the campus. The position also has a total sub-staff of 90 along with 4 direct supervisory reports. This is a diverse position that oversees facilities, power plant, trades staff, and construction for the organization. This position is a direct hire role with a base salary in the 110k – 125k/year range with state benefits and pension.
- Provides leadership and direction; organizes, maintains, and manages the operations and reliability of University’s facilities and general infrastructure systems.
- Develops, recommends and administers policies, procedures and processes in support of grounds, building services, building maintenance operations, and events. Implements and monitors compliance per policies and collective bargaining agreements as applicable.
- Maintains up to date records of all utility consumption in one comprehensive database. Collaborates with the Associate Vice President and HVAC, Trades, and Power Plant Manager regarding energy management monitoring, initiatives and reductions as it relates to the physical plant.
- Responds to 24-hour emergency calls. Trouble-shoots and responds to after-hour issues as needed regarding the operational aspects of the facilities which include, but not limited to, HVAC, fire alarm malfunctions, electrical outages, water leaks, snow removal, etc.
- Collaborates with AVP of CPM with management of the pre-design, and the design & bid phases for construction/renovation projects including development of project scope; engaging professional Design services; development of drawings and specifications; management of designer services contracts; estimating; scheduling and coordination with the procurement process.
- Will assist the AVP with annual budget and planning preparation; responsible for fiscal management of the campus facilities operating budgets in conjunction with the Staff Associates and Staff Assistants. (Grounds, custodial, maintenance, contracted services)
- Maintains Facility Management records, monitors feedback and identifies service improvement opportunities.
- Maintains a safe campus environment by ensuring all Massachusetts State and Federal Laws are followed as it pertains to fire protection systems, emergency generators/power systems, elevators, building codes, etc. Director must have working knowledge of OSHA guidelines and Massachusetts State Building Codes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or academic credentials in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field preferred.
- 10+years’ experience in facilities operations management, with ability to supervise and lead a large diverse group of staff to work collaboratively
- Commitment to the mission and philosophy of the university, with a strong understanding and respect for college-wide goals and priorities.
- Ability to maximize efficiencies in capital renewal, deferred maintenance, and operations.
- Knowledge of state procurement or construction contracting experience preferred.
- Base salary in the 110k – 125k/year range
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SEARCH
AllSearch Facilities Management Recruiters have worked with many hundreds of talented Facilities companies and candidates all across the United States. Our Facilities Recruiters focus specifically on the hard to fill industrial sector of facilities management within a variety of industries such as manufacturing, commercial real estate properties, university and hospital facilities, and the like. We have built facilities teams from the ground up for some of the most recognizable company names in industry today.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Sales & Management Recruiter
When did you start selling and/or recruiting?
My first position out of college was in IT Sales. I found out quickly I had the sales gene. I have a strong desire to make things happen for my clients.
Fun Fact about Joel:
Joel is very dedicated to the local community. Little known fun fact, he holds a high-ranking elected seat on the local school board, despite having no children of his own!
What’s the biggest compliment a client or candidate ever paid you?
“You saved me from a dreadful situation at my last employer”
What did you want to be when you grew up?
Batman. Either that or Michael Scott. I think I landed more closely to Dwight Schrute.
Where did you go to school, college, major?
Millersville University, majored in political science. I was also the opinion editor of the school’s newspaper, The Snapper!
What famous person would you switch lives with?
John Quincy Adams
What three things would you bring to a deserted island?
1) Box set of The Office. 2) Cases of Dr. Pepper 3) Chipotle, make that #1 actually.
What do you typically eat for breakfast?
Nothing, I bide my time until Chipotle.