Director of Facilities – Private School - Base Salary to 125k/year - Boston, MA
Boston, MA 02115 US
Director of Facilities – Private School - Base Salary to 125k/year – Boston, MA
- Our client is a private school that operates in grades K-9th that has been around since the mid 1800’s. The organization is looking to bring on a Director of Facilities to manage their 66 acres and 20+ building campus located near Worcester. The campus has onsite dorms and some residential homes for faculty as well. The team that reports to this person is roughly 12 with a third party provider for the environmental services. They are looking for a Director that knows the ins and outs of commercial and residential buildings with a hope of finding someone that has worked with schools in the past. The person needs to have some real leadership qualities with the ability to jump in and help perform work as needed, this is not a sit behind the desk kind of facilities role. We are looking at a base salary in the 115k – 125k/year range (dependent on experience) along with benefits and perks.
- Ensuring that all campus buildings and grounds are well maintained
- Directing and supervising facilities staff and outside contractors to ensure that work is coordinated among all areas of the school
- Preparing annual operating and capital budgets, planning physical plant improvements, and developing long-range capital equipment plans
- Ensuring that safety standards and procedures are implemented, communicated, and followed
- Overseeing the management of facilities and event requests from school departments and the fulfillment of requests in a timely manner
- Managing contracted services to ensure compliance with contractual agreements and budgetary restrictions
- Ensuring that electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, HVAC, and other essential systems and equipment are monitored, cleaned, inspected, and maintained on a regular schedule
- Planning for future maintenance needs of buildings, grounds, and equipment to minimize disruptions to the successful operation of the school
- 5+ years of facilities management experience, preference to educational environment
- Strong knowledge of buildings ranging from security systems to general carpentry to HVAC systems
- Strong project management skills and experience managing a team are required
- Valid state issued driver license (Required)
- Ability to pass a criminal background and drug test
- Ability to work well with others and coordinate situations as needed in a construction atmosphere
- Base salary in the 115k - 125k/year range
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SEARCH
AllSearch Facilities Management Recruiters have worked with many hundreds of talented Facilities companies and candidates all across the United States. Our Facilities Recruiters focus specifically on the hard to fill industrial sector of facilities management within a variety of industries such as manufacturing, commercial real estate properties, university and hospital facilities, and the like. We have built facilities teams from the ground up for some of the most recognizable company names in industry today.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Sales & Management Recruiter
When did you start selling and/or recruiting?
My first position out of college was in IT Sales. I found out quickly I had the sales gene. I have a strong desire to make things happen for my clients.
Fun Fact about Joel:
Joel is very dedicated to the local community. Little known fun fact, he holds a high-ranking elected seat on the local school board, despite having no children of his own!
What’s the biggest compliment a client or candidate ever paid you?
“You saved me from a dreadful situation at my last employer”
What did you want to be when you grew up?
Batman. Either that or Michael Scott. I think I landed more closely to Dwight Schrute.
Where did you go to school, college, major?
Millersville University, majored in political science. I was also the opinion editor of the school’s newspaper, The Snapper!
What famous person would you switch lives with?
John Quincy Adams
What three things would you bring to a deserted island?
1) Box set of The Office. 2) Cases of Dr. Pepper 3) Chipotle, make that #1 actually.
What do you typically eat for breakfast?
Nothing, I bide my time until Chipotle.