Director of Construction – Underground Utilities – Base Salary to 175k/year - Columbus, OH
Columbus, OH 43216 US
Director of Construction – Underground Utilities – Base Salary to 175k/year – Columbus, OH
- With over 50 years of experience, our client is a full-service utility company that provides diverse services to private and public sectors throughout Ohio. They have built an excellent reputation by delivering innovative and cost-effective solutions to their clients. They are currently in a process of growth and acquisitions and looking to bring on strong talent to the growing team!
- Our client is seeking a Director of Construction (internally titled Director of Utility Construction) that will be a key player on this local team in Columbus. We are putting a heavy weight on management experience, specifically as it relates to risk, reputation, and perception of the business in order to exceed client expectations. This person will drive and create relationships with clients, project managers, superintendents, subcontractors, and internal employees. This position will report directly to the President and will be supervising Project Managers, Superintendents, and Foremen. This person must have experience with underground wet and dry utilities specifically.
- Exhibits an elevated skill, knowledge, and understanding level in overseeing complex underground utility construction projects.
- Resolves issues and ensures effective communication across multiple divisions within the organization.
- Forecasts and monitors budgets to ensure program and project costs are managed, including the development of recovery plans to stay within budget.
- Responsible and accountable for profit/loss through the performance of all projects
- Oversee Pre-construction duties such as assigning the correct divisional team to start the project.
- Daily reporting to the President of all open and active projects.
- Must be a collaborative leader, capable of successfully working with their staff to meet organizational goals.
- Will be in the field 70% of the time, in the office 30% of the time (within 2-3 hours of the office, no out of state travel)
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of Utility Construction experience
- 5+ years of utility project leadership/project management experience within the gas, water, or electric utility sector is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree/ or equivalent experience in Management and Utility Construction will be considered.
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints and other construction drawings.
- Possess strong client relationship development experience.
- Must be able to coordinate work scope with multiple internal and external work groups or contractors.
- Deep knowledge of OSHA and utility safety policies (OSHA 30-hour certification required within 90 days of hire date)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Possess strong analytical ability.
- Extensive knowledge of Gas Utility or Electric Substation, Water, Sewer, and Distribution Project Management and Construction Management concepts and principles
- Successful applicants will also be able to demonstrate business acumen and communicate effectively across multiple levels, both internally and externally
- Active interpersonal expertise for conflict resolution amongst team members, contractors, and clients.
- General knowledge of permits, licensing, and inspection requirements from local government.
- Any utility trade licenses are a huge plus
- AutoCAD experience is a huge plus
- Must have a valid drivers license that meets strict Motor Vehicle Record requirements
- Must complete a background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Base salary in the 135k – 175k/year range
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Company vehicle/gas card provided
- 100% paid medical insurance (for employee)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Life Insurance Policy (25k)
- 401k (eligible after 90 days, 4% match after 1 year of service)
- Paid Time Off (negotiable)
- Paid Holidays
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Management & Operations Recruiter - Construction
I was born in PA, but moved and resided for 10 years in upstate New York. My family moved back down here for the last 14 years now and I currently live in Chambersburg, PA. I studied Business and Exercise Science at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania where I had a concentration in Human Resources Management. Before AllSearch I worked with Aerotek, Inc. for 3 years as their Senior Construction Management and Construction Trades Recruiter. I chose AllSearch for the nationwide opportunity to impact lives all over the country.
FUN FACT: My fun fact is actually about my brother, we are twins and he is one minute older than me. So at all times there is two of me running around somewhere!
What motivates you? – My favorite quote is from Will Durant summarizing the works of Aristotle that reads, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” My goal in life is to always be better today, than I was yesterday. Not only for myself but for the people I choose to surround myself with. Every day I want to impact someone in a positive light and the consistent habit of excellence is what gets me out of bed every morning.
When did you start selling? – My dad told me once when I was a teenager that “you could sell ice to an Eskimo.” So ever since then I think I’ve had a knack for it. I absolutely love meeting and talking to people so it’s always been a gift I’ve had.
What is your favorite show or shows to binge watch? The Office, Lost, Stranger Things, Blue Bloods (just to name a few). I’m also a HUGE movie person, I absolutely love a good long movie that can draw in your attention and make you think.