Controller – Manufacturing and Construction Industry – Base Salary to 125k/year - Washington, DC
Washington, DC 20037 US
Controller – Manufacturing and Construction Industry – Base Salary to 125k/year – Washington, DC
- Our client is a precast concrete stormwater solution company manufacturing based in Washington D.C. with suppliers and customers throughout the U.S.
- Seeking a Controller to primarily work in-office to help execute Tax, Banking, Accounting, Insurance, and HR responsibilities.
- This position offers “ground floor” access to a stable a growing business with a patented solution that has tripled its revenue and then doubled its revenue in the past 2 years respectively.
- Growth opportunities are expected with future management responsibilities.
- Responsible for sales tax registration nationally.
- File monthly sales tax for all States.
- Support external CPA firm, with year-end corporate tax filing.
- Reconcile all Bank Accounts monthly.
- Enter and reconcile all credit card accounts monthly.
- Manage Line of Credit account.
Accounting & Financial Reporting (QuickBooks Desktop - Perform and maintain all QuickBooks tasks):
- Enter and maintain new accounts.
- Perform credit background check on all new and old customers.
- Enter and maintain all jobs, cost estimates, billings and collections daily.
- Manage A/R accounts daily.
- Print and email all invoices daily.
- Make collection calls/emails daily.
- Provide updated A/R reports weekly.
- Manage A/P accounts daily.
- Receive and enter all bills daily.
- Write, print and mail checks daily.
- Provide updated A/P reports weekly.
- Manage all asset accounts monthly.
- Provide currant P&L statements monthly.
- Setup and maintain RES raw material inventory reports for each production facility.
- Create analyses using MS Excel and analyze data on an as needed basis.
- Negotiate and manage all accounts (General Liability, Errors & Omissions, Marine, etc.).
- Provide and maintain all certificates of insurance as needed.
- Perform all audits as needed.
- Work with third-Party HR company to maintain all payroll records daily.
- Work with third-Party HR company all employee benefit records daily.
- Work with third-Party HR company all insurance records as needed.
- Masters’ degree in Accounting, or MBA with a focus in Accounting/Finance
- CPA license (preferred)
- 7+ years of relevant/related experience working an organization that does business in multiple states
- Manufacturing or Construction experience (preferred)
- Ability to perform Office Manager related duties as needed
- Strong Team building attitude is preferred
- Ability to work fulltime in-office
- Base salary to 125k/year depending on experience
- 401k Plan
- Quality Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 10 Days of Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter & Talent Sourcer - Engineering & Construction
Former Professional Baseball Player turned Recruiter/Sourcer, Mike Santoro is now a Sr. Recruiter & Talent Sourcer for Engineering, Construction, Architecture at AllSearch Recruiting in York, PA.
Mike Santoro is a Certified Black Belt in Internet Recruitment with a passion for the Science of Sourcing & the Art of Recruiting. In 2021 Mike was featured on RecruitingDaily.com’s “12 Days of Sourcing” Event Contributor and was recently published on its Recruiting blog. Mike regularly contributes to online Recruiting/Sourcing discussions and is passionate about finding ways to optimize the sourcing process, elevate the value of the profession of Talent Sourcing, and advance the Professional Art of Recruiting.
Mike is a man of faith and a family man, husband to a beautiful wife and father of 2 amazing boys and 1 beautiful little girl. He and his family reside in York, Pennsylvania, USA.
Mike has an MBA from York College of Pennsylvania and is also currently pursuing Master's in Theological Studies.