Construction Superintendent - Custom Home Building – Base Salary to 115k/year - Naples, FL
Naples, FL 34102 US
Construction Superintendent - Custom Home Building – Base Salary to 115k/year – Naples, FL
- Our client was founded in 1990 and has been a lead builder/developer in the Southwest Florida home market for more than three decades. Their vision has always been to build luxury residences that possess unparalleled quality, design, and finishes. They offer the full spectrum of homebuilding, development, and design services and have been named Americas Best Builder by Builder magazine and have earned more than 450 industry awards.
- The Construction Superintendent’s responsibility is to produce the highest quality home possible on schedule, within the budget, specifications, and at a forecasted profit through superior management of quality control, safety, scheduling, and cleanliness.
- Coordinate and organize sub-contractors throughout the construction process.
- Continually walk job looking for inferior materials and workmanship, not allowing any new work to layer on top of mistakes.
- Attend and be well prepared for weekly production meetings with team.
- Maintain quality control checklists as part of the construction schedules.
- Develop and execute completion of on-going punch list
- Complete and submit Additional Work Authorization (AWA) to PM within 24 hours.
- Update Build Pro daily, following up with reports and notes as needed.
- Schedule inspections, make calls, be on-site. Maintain a professional manner with all Inspectors.
- Maintain on site as-builts on a separate set of plans. Coordinate mechanical trades to ensure they are transferring their as-build information to our plans on a weekly basis (Manager to review).
- Take progress and documentation photos of projects as needed. May take, create, photo documentation.
- Once Final QCI report is received, complete all outstanding items within 2 weeks.
- Thoroughly review Plans and direct question to Project Manager for clarification. Pre-construction:
- Review permit plans and submit red lines within 72 hours to the Project Manager.
- Review plans/finish schedule/change order and rest of start package one week prior to collaboration meeting. Submit redlines and be prepared to discuss at collaboration meeting.
- Review baseline schedule with the Project Manager and tweak accordingly in Build Pro. Provide input to PM on schedule. Review checklists/forms for accuracy
- Create Request for Information (RFI’s) requests to ensure all questions are answered.
- Serve as the first person on the site and the last person to leave the site each day. Take progress and documentation photos of project on a weekly basis and store/share as directed. Ensure home is secured/locked at end of day.
- Proactive in plan analysis to anticipate the job fitting together. Use this forward thinking to reduce time of calls and information. Review shop drawings and comment accordingly. Verify that what is drawn will “fit” in the puzzle. As issues are encountered that require information not covered by plans or documents already on hand, present formal written or verbal requests to PM that will then be processed.
- Continually review all RFI’s that are logged and tracked. Each submittal will be reviewed and approved by Superintendent and PM (within 3 days) and by the appropriate design consultants (within 1 week).
- Anticipate and forward review schedule and tasks. Be constantly cognizant of your critical path; know what procurement items will affect you throughout the job and be ready for scheduled trades.
- Schedule bi-monthly meetings on site with subs that are scheduled to work within the next four weeks. Topics of discussion should include safety, job site cleanliness, quality and schedule.
- Maintain As-builts on a weekly basis. Coordinate the mechanical trades and see that the update as-built drawings are done weekly as well. Maintain on site as-builts on a separate set of plans. Coordinate mechanical trades and see that they are transferring their as-built information to our plans on a weekly basis. [PM to monitor progress on a regular basis.]
- Submit schedule updates indicating time lost, gained or changes in schedule logic through Build Pro on a daily basis.
- Obey all community regulations i.e. speed limits, one-way traffic, hours of work, access to community, etc.
- Know OSHA requirements. Communicate safety rules and regulations to subcontractors through scheduled safety meetings. Ensure safety rules and regulations are being followed.
- 5+ years experience in home building
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail and quality control
- Communicate professionally
- Valid Drivers License
- Vehicle that can pick up construction items as needed
- Working knowledge of the trades
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Procore certification
- Proficient in Procore and scheduling
- Experience with high-end luxury homes
- Able to lift and carry up to 25lbs
- Base salary in the 100k – 115k/year range
- Bonus program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Car Allowance
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.