Construction Superintendent – Multifamily New Construction – Base Salary to 115k/year - Wilmington, DE
Wilmington, DE 19805 US
Construction Superintendent – Multifamily New Construction – Base Salary to 115k/year – Wilmington, DE
- Our client is a privately held real estate development company with over 75 years of experience enhancing local communities. They specialize in multifamily apartment buildings with a diverse portfolio that includes over 6,000 residences between Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Florida. They also have experience with commercial, retail, and office space construction projects proving that they are strategically diversified in order to continue their trajectory of steady growth.
- The Construction Superintendents are crucial members of our local team. We are currently in need of 2 experienced Construction Superintendents whose primary responsibility will be the supervision of all field staff, subcontractors, vendors, and other field activities in order to successfully complete a variety of projects. This person will be working directly with the entire project team to produce quality product on time, within the project budget, while complying with company safety standards.
- Review contract documents and work with the project team to prepare bid proposals and provide guidance on constructability issues.
- Assist with the preparation of scopes of work, project schedules and site logistics plans.
- Assist the project team as needed to obtain permits from the AHJ.
- Provide guidance, leadership and direction for the site staff.
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings with the foreman for the various trades to discuss progress of the work, the project schedule, safety and upcoming activities.
- Conduct regular quality control inspections and make sure that all work is done in accordance with industry and LC Construction standards.
- Coordinate with the project team to effectively manage scope changes and provide direction to field forces in order to incorporate these changes.
- Maintain a current set of contract documents at the project site that includes all revised drawings, specifications, addendums, sketches, etc.
- Work with the project team to schedule and coordinate the delivery of equipment and materials needed for the project.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with representatives of subcontractors, in-house clients, code officials and design consultants.
- Assume responsibility to enforce safe work practices by all subcontractors and workers at the job site and ensure that all work is performed in a manner to meet or exceed OSHA and company safety standards.
- Conduct safety orientations for new workers to discuss site specific safety concerns and enhance safety awareness.
- Conduct safety inspections of the work site to identify unsafe conditions or behaviors and take immediate action to remediate these conditions.
- Conduct Pre-Installation/Pre-Planning meetings for high-risk, and/or complex activities with the trades that will be performing the work and communicate information with those involved.
- Maintain project safety files at the site that include subcontractor safety programs,
- Immediately notify the management team of any lost time accidents or incidents involving LC Construction or any other project personnel and initiate investigations.
- Proven construction experience as a superintendent role with a minimum of Five (5) years’ experience working on projects ranging from $15 million to $40 million is required
- Prior experience in commercial or multifamily new construction as a framer/carpenter, or hands-on foreman is highly desired for this role
- Superintendents must have experience building their own schedules in Microsoft Project
- Familiarity and experience with Bluebeam software
- Experienced using CMIC Construction Software is also highly desired, but not required
- Ability and experience communicating to process RFI’s, Change Orders and other financial documentation
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, contract drawings and specifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to work additional hours, as necessary, to meet business plan objectives
- Ability to work on multiple projects and travel, as necessary
- Ability to perform work at elevations above ground level
- A current, valid driver’s license
- Annual base salary up to 115k/year or more depending on supervisory experience and project portfolio
- Fully comprehensive medical benefits package including health, dental, and vision
- Employer contributes 80% towards healthcare benefits
- Retirement Plan with up to 4% company match
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance – 100% covered by employer
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Mileage reimbursement for travel to and from job sites as needed
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Management & Operations Recruiter - Construction
I was born in PA, but moved and resided for 10 years in upstate New York. My family moved back down here for the last 14 years now and I currently live in Chambersburg, PA. I studied Business and Exercise Science at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania where I had a concentration in Human Resources Management. Before AllSearch I worked with Aerotek, Inc. for 3 years as their Senior Construction Management and Construction Trades Recruiter. I chose AllSearch for the nationwide opportunity to impact lives all over the country.
FUN FACT: My fun fact is actually about my brother, we are twins and he is one minute older than me. So at all times there is two of me running around somewhere!
What motivates you? – My favorite quote is from Will Durant summarizing the works of Aristotle that reads, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” My goal in life is to always be better today, than I was yesterday. Not only for myself but for the people I choose to surround myself with. Every day I want to impact someone in a positive light and the consistent habit of excellence is what gets me out of bed every morning.
When did you start selling? – My dad told me once when I was a teenager that “you could sell ice to an Eskimo.” So ever since then I think I’ve had a knack for it. I absolutely love meeting and talking to people so it’s always been a gift I’ve had.
What is your favorite show or shows to binge watch? The Office, Lost, Stranger Things, Blue Bloods (just to name a few). I’m also a HUGE movie person, I absolutely love a good long movie that can draw in your attention and make you think.