Construction Senior Estimator - Specialty Construction Company - Base Salary to 220k/year + Bonus - San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA 92101 US
Construction Senior Estimator – Specialty Construction Company – Base Salary to 220k/year + Bonus – San Diego, CA
- Our client has been in business for 87 years and is now one of the wall and ceiling industry’s leading full service, design-assist, specialty finish and theming contractors in the commercial sector. They offer services ranging from drywall systems, metal framing, fireproofing, acoustical ceilings and much more. With an amazing track record of projects ranging from some of the first planned residential communities in the country from Hawaii to Connecticut and as far away as Hong Kong. They acknowledge an extreme appreciation for their employees and recognize a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We encourage our employees balance their passion for construction while maintaining a healthy zest for life. After 9 decades of family ownership, and an average tenure of 10+ years from each employee, we are proud of what we have built and are seeking individuals who want to be a part of a dynamic organization.
- The Construction Senior Estimator (internally titled Chief Estimator) is a crucial member of the team in San Diego. We have been awarded both Top Workplace and Best Workplace where employees are treated like family. We are seeking a Construction Senior Estimator to join our team of industry experts. This is a full time, exempt position that will manage estimating professionals, provide direction for all estimating activities and will supplement the achievements of the team by bidding on and securing commercial construction projects of varying sizes.
- Reviews and evaluates proposed projects
- Oversees bid/budget reviews to ensure accuracy, production feasibility, adherence to best-in-class qualification usage and corporate guidelines are met
- Develops and implements quality control systems for estimating including but not limited to uniformity of pricing, production rates and estimating techniques
- Participates in and ensures project hand-off procedures are completed on all required projects
- Assists with conceptual estimating, budgeting, and pricing
- Provides administrative and technical direction to others in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required
- Actively engages in business development and enhancement of customer relations
- Chairs estimating meetings to facilitate business unit communications, continuous improvement, teamwork, and planned training initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field is highly preferred, but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Candidate must have eight (8) + years of commercial estimating experience to be considered for this role
- Must have estimating experience in the wall and ceiling industry with a proven track record of bidding on and securing large, complex commercial projects
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience supervising, coaching, mentoring, leading, and/or developing personnel
- Proven track record in assembling accurate and well-crafted estimates and proposals in a timely manner
- Expertise in reviewing contractual terms and conditions as well as critical path, logic, sequencing, and activity identification in project schedules
- Business development experience with relationship building skills is highly preferred
- Detailed understanding of building code standards, material pricing as well as construction means and methods in the wall and ceiling industry
- Experience in conducting bid reviews
- Software competency with On Center Quick Bid, Spectrum, Bluebeam, and PlanGrid is highly preferred
- Must be proficient at reading and interpreting detailed construction blueprints
- Very strong annual base salary in the 140k – 220k/year range based entirely on project portfolio and years of experience
- Annual bonus program
- Excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Wellness Program
- Company paid life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401(k) savings and profit-sharing program
- Summer work hours from Memorial Day to Labor Day!
- An engaging company culture with promotion possibilities and much more!
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Meet Your Recruiter
Management & Operations Recruiter - Construction
I was born in PA, but moved and resided for 10 years in upstate New York. My family moved back down here for the last 14 years now and I currently live in Chambersburg, PA. I studied Business and Exercise Science at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania where I had a concentration in Human Resources Management. Before AllSearch I worked with Aerotek, Inc. for 3 years as their Senior Construction Management and Construction Trades Recruiter. I chose AllSearch for the nationwide opportunity to impact lives all over the country.
FUN FACT: My fun fact is actually about my brother, we are twins and he is one minute older than me. So at all times there is two of me running around somewhere!
What motivates you? – My favorite quote is from Will Durant summarizing the works of Aristotle that reads, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” My goal in life is to always be better today, than I was yesterday. Not only for myself but for the people I choose to surround myself with. Every day I want to impact someone in a positive light and the consistent habit of excellence is what gets me out of bed every morning.
When did you start selling? – My dad told me once when I was a teenager that “you could sell ice to an Eskimo.” So ever since then I think I’ve had a knack for it. I absolutely love meeting and talking to people so it’s always been a gift I’ve had.
What is your favorite show or shows to binge watch? The Office, Lost, Stranger Things, Blue Bloods (just to name a few). I’m also a HUGE movie person, I absolutely love a good long movie that can draw in your attention and make you think.