Civil Project Manager – Commercial Developer - Base Salary to 150k/year - Buffalo, NY
Buffalo, NY 14202 US
Civil Project Manager – Commercial Developer - Base Salary to 150k/year – Buffalo, NY
- Our client is one of America’s largest privately held real estate companies, with a portfolio that includes more than 800 properties totaling over 50 million square feet in 41 states. The diverse portfolio includes retail, office, industrial, hotel, residential, and landholdings. With over 70 years of experience, they have engineered impressive growth through innovation, insight, and determination.
- Currently, they are seeking a Civil Project Manager (internally titled Land Development Project Manager) to join their growing team. The Civil Project Manager will be accountable for the Civil site preparation of construction projects including clearing of land, earthwork, site improvements, proper layout (surveying), building layout etc. This includes field coordination and working closely with the subcontractors to ensure that quality and workmanship meet the company standards. The Project Manager will ensure that the work is carried out safely, correctly, within budget, and on schedule.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct efficient use of all labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors/material suppliers to achieve the highest quality.
- Study contract drawings and specifications in detail. Check all dimensions and bring all discrepancies and omissions to the attention of designers and Project Managers.
- Examine underground aspects in layout of projects, including review of sitework for conflicts with utilities, domestic, fire, water, gas, electrical and septic sewer.
- Provide daily supervision and scheduling for grading, drainage, paving, structures, and other miscellaneous processes.
- Monitor activities related to site construction, inspection, engineering, and redesign of sitework, including those planned and those currently in existence.
- Meet utility company reps on-site to coordinate utility services.
- Assist management in the selection of contractors for the right job at the right price.
- Monitor progress of construction and review schedule status with Project Manager weekly.
- Inspect subcontractor work to verify quality and conformance to the construction documents. Review the construction drawings, documents, and contract scopes of work.
- Review, approve and/or dispute T&M sheets daily, as they are turned in by the subcontractors.
- Expedite material and equipment orders in a timely fashion to ensure “just in time inventory.”
- Coordinate construction activities with tenant representatives to minimize the impact on their operations while obtaining a high degree of construction efficiency.
- Promote and ensure job site safety.
- 5 + years’ experience in the construction industry as a Project Manager, Superintendent, or relevant experience in Civil Site Project Development.
- Background in site construction management, Commercial or Retail construction experience highly preferred.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative.
- Professional with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must have an active driver's license.
- Base salary in the 100k – 150k/year range
- Company truck and fuel card
- Health insurance (medical, dental and vision) programs
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING PRODUCT SEARCH This niche recruiting practice is highly focused within the realm of building products & materials and construction projects with an emphasis on roles in sales, sales management, construction project estimation, skilled trades, and construction project management. Our Building & Construction Recruiting team targets the very best talent within the realm of building products, building services, construction materials manufacturers and distributors, both in the commercial and residential sectors. We aim to build long term mutually beneficial business relationships with building product and construction professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.