Director of Environmental Affairs - Construction Material Manufacturer - Salary to 135k
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Director of Environmental Affairs - Construction Material Manufacturer in the Bethlehem, PA area. Salary to $135k plus Bonus
Our client, a national construction material company has an immediate need for a Director of Environmental Affairs at their headquarters in Bethlehem PA.
In this role, the Director of Environmental Affairs will to provide leadership and technical expertise on sustainable environmental performance at the assigned facilities. This includes implementation of internal environmental policies, programs and standards while ensuring environmental compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local regulations. The person in this role is an integral member of the facility management team and is expected to act as a role model on all safety behavior and policy compliance, while helping to create and maintain a high-performance culture.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Manage the implementation of environmental policies and practices at the assigned facilities to ensure full regulatory compliance.
- This includes compliance with the local permit requirements (sampling, inspections, reporting, and renewals) that may include contractor compliance and pollution prevention activities.
- Manage and support the implementation of and compliance with all environmental related programs at all of the assigned operations.
- Facilitate environmental auditing processes and ensure effective implementation of the findings related to this activity.
- Prepare environmental documentation for approval and license/permit applications for new or existing operations ensuring they are completed accurately, completely and on time.
- Coordinate and ensure that all environmental monitoring and recordkeeping occurs at each of the assigned locations
- Provide environmental training to on-site employees and contractors of the assigned facilities to ensure that they recognize their own contribution to improved environmental performance.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise on regulatory requirements for current and future operations.
- Assist government affairs team in state trade association engagement (environmental scope) with two-way communication, lead with respect to environmental visibility and emerging issues, coordinating site/terminal business development opportunities with government affairs team.
- Prepare environmental related budgets at each assigned location.
- Understand and keep abreast of current with all Federal, State and Local environmental legal requirements and monitor developments and/or changes.
Compensation for this position will include a base salary in the $130k-$135k range, plus a bonus between 13-18%. In addition, this company offers a competitive benefits package that will include medical/dental coverage, fully funded life insurance as well as a 401K plan, paid vacation, sick days and holidays and more.
Requirements for this position include a Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering or Inustrial Health or a related field, with a strong preference for a Master’s Degree. The candidate should have a proven background with at least 8 years of experience in creating regulatory, compliance and training programs.
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy
PROFESSIONAL SEARCH AllSearch has built a quality reputation over the past 17 years of helping talent in the professional fields of sales, technology, insurance and management all across the United States find and land exciting and rewarding career positions. We’re a leading provider of professional placement and recruiting services, having placed professionals in 46 states across the U.S., and in six countries around the world. #FindYourPath #StepYourJobUp #ProfessionalCareers
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement AllSearch Professional Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, both internally and while representing our clients and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.